Industry: Local Authority
Location: Isle of Wight - remote working
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible)
Days: Monday - Friday (may be flexible)
Duration: one month initially, may be longer term
Correspondence ensuring efficiency and accountability whilst adhering to relevant legislative provisions, council policy and financial regulations.
To provide a full administrative service within all sections of Revenues and Benefits to ensure the effective processing of information in respect of Business Rates Grants.
Dealing with customer enquiries and correspondence relating to Business Rates Grants dealing with customer enquiries via the telephone both inbound and outbound, in writing and by email.
Ensuring all information collected is accurately recorded and is processed within set timescales and in accordance with relevant procedures and working practices.
Making decisions regarding eligibility for Business Rate Grants using guidance and council policy ensuring grants are processed and paid correctly and ensure records are updated and maintained accurately.
To maintain an in-depth working knowledge of relevant legislative provisions in relation to Business Rates Grants applying this knowledge to all procedures and processes when making decisions.
- MUST be proficient in using NORTHGATE and CIVICA systems.
- Confident in the use of Excel Spreadsheets
- In depth understanding of current grants available to rate payers, the
- Understanding of the different tiers and restrictions related to national lockdown in connection with Covid 19
- Sound understanding of the business rate grant criteria
- Attention to detail to ensure the correct processing of the appropriate grant to each business.
- Reliable, responsible.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to clearly defined targets / deadlines.
- Awareness and understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Evidence of practical experience in an appropriate environment
- Ability to advise others on relevant issues.
- Safe and competent use of relevant equipment / tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly with sensitivity and empathy to build trust both 1-2-1 and with groups.
Salary: £18.46 per hour worked